Sustainable Practices at the Inn at Steamboat
At the Inn at Steamboat, we believe that luxury and sustainability can co-exist. We are passionate and dedicated to protecting our beautiful environment that we call home. Our commitment to sustainability starts with every employee who signs a “Green Contract” acknowledging their desire to maintain the highest levels of Eco-Friendly behavior. The following is a list of some of our “Sustainable Practices”:
- Solar domestic hot water system with high efficiency boiler backup.
- In-room recycling bins make recycling easy and has reduced our waste by 50%.
- Towel and linen reuse program dramatically reduces water and energy use.
- Low flow toilets, showers and faucets reduce water consumption.
- Eco-friendly bath amenities made and packaged from biodegradable materials.
- The use of CFL throughout the common areas greatly reduces energy consumption.
- Eco-friendly cleaning products used for both rooms and linens.
- Tinted all west facing windows reducing indoor summer ambient temperature by 10 degrees.
- We conduct semi-annual energy audits.